Listed below are your weekly Zcash updates:
- Zcash is now supported by a US publicly traded firm. That’s fairly superb.
- “Privateness will turn into a extra widespread funding theme.” Barry Silbert namedrops Zcash in his first interview in eight months.
- Former CIA director Michael Morell printed a paper on Bitcoin’s use in illicit finance. The paper was commissioned by Crypto Council for Innovation (whose members embody Coinbase, Constancy Digital Belongings, and Sq.). Whereas this will appear good for Bitcoin, the paper makes some regarding conclusions about mass surveillance and crime. Take a look at Josh’s thread for extra context.
- New Launch 4.4.0 permits zcashd to be configured to optionally expose an HTTP server that acts as a Prometheus scrape endpoint.
- This week, ECC introduced Halo Arc and Unified Addresses. Each of those bulletins sign a brand new period for Zcash – one that’s shielded by default, with out the trusted setup and with out the challenges of a number of deal with codecs.
Mark your calendars –
Within the information (moreover Coinbase), Oklahoma is launching a state-wide ALPR (automated license plate readers) program utilizing mass surveillance as a solution to accumulate extra income.“Policing is just not about crime management or public security however concerning the regulation of individuals’s lives — their actions and modes of being on the planet.” AI researchers boycott Google after the firing of Timnit Gebru.
The Winklevoss twins will likely be on the Might cowl of Forbes .Nigierian artists dabble with NFTs. MEV (miner extratable worth) is a rising concern (and engaging subject!) for Ethereum. Don’t miss the March Roundup from ZKMesh.
That’s all for this week of us!